Friday, March 11, 2011

Will the Army National Guard accept me if in the past I was prescribed antidepressants?

I am in the process of joining the Army National Guard through the SMP/ROTC program. I had my full physical today and I passed, and I was supposed to swear in today, but I put down information regarding my history of antidepressants. I am 18, almost 19, and am finishing my second semester of my freshman year of college. I saw 3 different doctors concerning anxiety, OCD, and depression from 6th grade up until my freshman year of high school, which was in 2006. Since 2006, I have not seen any of these professionals, and I have not been taking the antidepressants anymore(I am no longer prescribed them). My physical cannot be completed until I submit all records from each of these 3 doctors that I saw. I know that I have overcome my anxiety, OCD, and depression issues. But I am worried that because of this history that the Army National Guard will reject me. Any thoughts or suggestions of what I should do, if anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment