Friday, March 11, 2011

My dad's company is moving to another country and he's being laid off soon.?

I'm really worried because although me & my bro are in high school gr 11(me) 12(him) I'm scared that we won't like have enough money or whatever. Or that my dad won't get a new job for a while. I'm not too concerned for my brother because he's joining the army when he graduates, but for me I still have another 2 years here (I'm doing half a victory lap) and for my dad because what is he going to do until he gets new work? He'll still get paid until they finalize the contracts and the moving and stuff, and he said we have unemployment insurance for a year. But, like what is unemployment insurance, how much will we get? We live in Canada, btw. Like I'm going to seriously look for a job now, I used to have one as a cashier but I got laid off during my prob period due to a short till, will that affect my chances of getting a new job? Sorry that it's long but I'm really scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment